Most Popular Months For Fire Season Are Here.
To the contrary of what people think, nowadays fire season is all year round. This contributed to the changes on climate.
Although they happen all year round, there is still fire season happening. In California fire season is between July and October, still September and October being the peak months for fires causing more damage. Yes, there may be more fires happening in July, however because of the dry conditions, no rain, and dry vegetation make the perfect environment for catastrophic fires. Specially when there are strong and high speed winds!
Here are some tips to help prevent fire damage to your property due to wild fires.
1. Keep flammable object away from your home. Things like gas or propane tanks, lawn mowers , furniture, toys, etc...
2. Clear out your roof, gutters, decks, and patios from any tree debris or any type of debris for that matter.
3. Remove any dry vegetations around your home or at least anything within 5 feet.
4. Remove any over hanging trees and tree branches. At least 10 feet away from your home and roof.
5. Trim tree limbs that are within 10 off the ground
6. Cover vents and under decks to prevent amber intrusion.
Take these tips and implement them to help prevent fire damage to you property.